Argumentative Essay Rubric: Writing A Winning Paper Effortlessly
We all know that writing an excellent essay is not as easy as professors think. Of course, you can just put some words on a paper and provide a nice title, but this does not mean that anyone will be impressed with your composition. To create something extraordinary, you need a lot of time, research, dedication and confidence. It sounds so much when you think about it, but in reality it can be done if you have the will power it takes. An argumentative essay is not more difficult than any other composition, but you must follow the basic requirements:
- Find something you support. The topic of this paper needs to be something close to you, something you are interested in. Since you have to support a particular idea, it would be much easier if you also have a personal connection with it. Don’t forget that others need to be convinced by your arguments, and it will be very obvious if you write because you have to, or you write because you enjoy it. Keep this in mind when you are searching for the topic of your project.
- Establish what idea you will support. You can not sustain an entire concept, because you only have a few pages available to write and it will take so much research anyway. Therefore, you have to know from the very beginning what you will focus on.
- Make effective research. After you decided what will be the main idea, you have to find out everything there is to know about it. You can read books, published papers, opinions of other students, articles and so on. The more you read and get informed, the easier it will be for you to bring valid arguments that sustain your sentence.
- Consider other perspectives. It’s not all about what you think and like. In this kind of composition it’s imperious to mention other opinions, even if you don’t agree with them. Even more, you have to bring arguments that explain why you don’t support a particular idea. Be as objective as possible when it comes to this, and don’t attack the idea, just analyze it.
- Don’t forget the conclusion. At the end of the text, in only a few lines, you have to summarize the content and create a simple conclusion. This should be pretty easy since you already know so much about this subject.